Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Um yeah! I hope you all have great New Years Parties. I went to a great one where there were a whole bunch of people I haven't seen for three or so years, I'd forgotten how much fun they were. We used to go to school together, they were all in the year below me or more and they're fair lovely. A damn sight better than the girls in my year it would seem, but I really need to start getting over that. I realised that they weren't very good friends years ago but somehow it still hurts when they forget me yet again. Maybe that shall be my New Year's Resolution, to move on. One of them anyway!

Another one is to keep to my regime that I started in stages back in October or so of the little chocolate and lots of writing.

And perhaps another one should be to take advantage of the fact I live on the continent and actually go places. I don't like to go places by myself much, it scares me somehow and, let's face it, I'm kind of lazy! But the fact of the matter is I might regret not taking the time to go places when I could. I don't think I'd regret it for a while but once I get back to England I have to go off to uni again and then get a job and who knows if I'll have the time or money to go places but little day trips and over-nighters would let me see a whole bunch of places. So that's my next resolution.

Here's hoping I keep them! The first one should be easy 'cos I've started trying already, the second one shouldn't be too hard because I did it before I came home so I should be able to continue. The last one will be hard because it will actually require me to find some get-up-and-go from somewhere and to overcome my... fear? Well not quite the right word but it's 2am so never mind! Overcome my issues with going places alone anyway. But we shall see what happens!

Have a wonderful celebration of the New Year and I wish you all the best for 2009. May you keep your resolutions, may your heart, health and home be safe and strong and may any hardships you have faced in 2008 be overcome and may you not get too many more! I shan't wish you an interesting life, I believe that's been called a curse ;)

Night night x

No comments:

Post a Comment