Thursday, January 8, 2009

Snow and art and hobs...

Right, so I totally forgot to post yesterday, I wish I had one of these excuses but I really don't sadly.

Not much happened that I can remember... The canal outside the office was *completely* frozen over, real thick ice too so people were skating on it and then we had snow today. Snow! It was so pretty, I brought my camera to work in the hope of getting some photos. I lucked out; it was lovely and sunny during my lunch break. I went and took lots of photos and then my colleague had brought his skates in to work so I took a couple of him skating too. Who knows if they'll be any good.

Oh! So my daddy told me over the holidays that to pass the time I should create some kind of online my-wishlist app. People would be able to log in and create their own wishlists, of whatever they wanted. Kind of like the Amazon one but for everything. So I spent time at work planning what would go on that. I've registered two domains but haven't got proper hosting for them yet so I might try another provider, so there's nothing there yet sadly. But when something turns up, even without wishlist I shall post it here. I've decided that I might as well make a whole web site and then have the application be one part of it. This also means that I have the option of creating a web-based app for my dissertation and already having somewhere to put it!

Anyway so I want to put some art on it, y'know, to make it pretty. I've decided on doing some photomanipulation 'cos it's the only kind of art I can really do to any decent extent. Besides, if I'm using deviantArt stock (which I am) I have a guarantee of starting out with decent images! So I'm messing around with that at the moment, I need to download some kind of decent photo editing software. The GIMP frustrates me! I'm thinking of downloading a free trial of Paint Shop Pro seeing as I'm planning on getting a new computer so I don't want to buy it and then do various things to be able to put it on the new PC but if I just use a free trial it may well last long enough for me to do some interesting things! I'll post links to any pictures I make here as well. They'll be of faeries ;) Hehehehe.

I finished Hob's Bargain by Patricia Briggs yesterday. It was good fun though at the end I thought there couldn't be enough pages to actually conclude the story so I probably finished it off in a hurry to find out what would happen and if it would all fit! It did :) I'd quite like to meet a Hob you know, he seemed like quite a friendly creature :) Now to read one of the other billions of books I dragged back with me :D

Night night x

No comments:

Post a Comment