Sunday, January 25, 2009

And again

It's been a bad week for blogging. This is technically my blog for the 24th but it's late *again* So what happened this week? I made a new friend! He was supposed to be going to this FOSDEM conference with some Aber people and we were gonna meet there, but then he had his leg horrible broken and is gonna have crutches for six months so, yeah, he ain't coming! But he encouraged me to join the Aber IRC chatroom and I have since made lotsa new friends :)

Whoops got distracted...

So yeah - geeky conference, geeky friends :)

Work was going OK, didn't do much on Wednesday, felt sick on Thursday then I get in on Friday and decide to check out some of our test tracking numbers as I do about once a week, just to see what's going on. Turns out DHL have very kindly completely changed their layout which means the screenscraping isn't going to work. I still have no idea how to start deploying on my local machine again and besides I just changed the whole freaking setup so I'd have to check out an older edition which sucks ass. So I emailed the DHL people about their API and it seems that they're changing that too so I've upped the JIRA issue priority and maybe I'll get on that thought I still need to finish the REST stuff - nyark!

Photography tomorrow!! Woop woop! I'm looking forward to it thought I think it might be wet, real wet. So I'll keep an eye for emails - see if it gets called off - I don't want to turn up by myself!

Over the next few days I have a new sewing project. My injured friend would like us to bring him back lots of freebies so I'm going to make him a bag! There was the possibility of a book-bag style bag but I figured he'd never really use it so I'm going to make him a - much simpler - drawstring bag. It seems pretty easy hehe, maybe I'll make a dinky one first then make him a bigger one to hold all the free stuff :D

Ummm... it's ten past two, g'night! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment