Saturday, January 3, 2009

A mixed-up couple of days

Yeah so today had been pretty mixed. I read the whole of Lynn Viehl's Master of Shadows - really really good. I read the whole thing in an afternoon I was so hooked. I also have finished reading the Vampire Academy book I bought by Richelle Mead also very very good.

I went to see Twilight yesterday!!

It was... alright. Not nearly as dreadful as I thought it was going to be though I did have a lot of issues with it lol. I'm in two minds as to whether to post them here. I wrote them all down in a forum post but perhaps I won't bore you with them ;) Anyway yeah, it was OK really, I didn't expect brilliance and I didn't get it so I wasn't let down by any means.

Today I got up late, did some reading, had the hugest fight with my brother about he's a lazy, ignorant, self-centred, self-loathing hunk of miserable attitude and how him being all those things was hindering him and pissing off all the people who wanted to help him, vaguely got through to him and got him to do some work. God it was a big fight and I doubt it's made any long-term difference but we'll see.

On a darker note I also broke up with my boyfriend. I'd been thinking for the last couple of weeks that actually, no matter how much I loved him we weren't really right for each other. We'd have found that out eventually anyway no doubt but it seemed like seeing as we were so far away anyway there wasn't much holding us together so it seemed ridiculous to hold on to a thing that I knew wasn't right. Sucks though. I found out that he had sort of been thinking the same things but hadn't wanted to say anything. So at least he doesn't hate me! Every cloud...

Tomorrow it's back to the joys of Holland uggggggggh. But still with any luck the supermarket with have the little chocolate not-quite-profiteroles that are so yummy and I can go back to my routine of spending Sundays ignoring the outside world so long as I have something tasty on the inside world ;)

Probably can't post tomorrow as I don't know when I'll be able to go online, I get on my ferry at some late time in the evening. So we'll see what happens.

Night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment