Monday, January 12, 2009

Very late blogging - but I don't care! =D

It's been a loooong time since I last posted it. There are various reasons but I cba to list them because they're not very interesting!

News news news then...

I've officially registered to live at a house with three of my friends when I get back to Aberystwyth, I'm so chuffed! I can't wait! We have it from the sixth of June so theoretically I can move in whenever! Or carry the odd thing over and stay there for a few days. It's going to be so cool! *runs round in circle* yippee!

I ordered parts today for the computer I've been thinking about buying for goodness knows how long! I'm not entirely sure when they're coming but fairly soon and then I'm going to put it together in the office. It has light up fans and things lol. I firmly believe that the first self-built computer anyone ever builds needs to have lights! Just because it's so fabulously cliché hehe. Anyway yeah so I've got the computer on order and I have to order the outside bits now. I can order a mouse but not a keyboard from amazon, well, to be delivered to the Netherlands. Very frustrating. And I'm trying desperately to get hold of a screen. PC Pro reviewed one that looks awesome - can I find it in the shops here? No. The ones I can find - do they have a review? No. *sigh* but it's going to be sexy and be a 22" TFT when I find it - woop woop!

Yay for being a geek ^^

I finished "One with the Night" which Marilyn Brant over at Brant Flakes sent me as part of our Christmas book exchange. It was good fun, some interesting additions to vampire lore which would make vampires even cooler! There was quite a bit of "I like him but look he doesn't like me" and "I like her but she shouldn't like me I'm evil" going on which got a little frustrating by the time you're five sixths of the way through and it's like GET TOGETHER ALREADY! Hehehe but then it felt a little unfinished because they were on a "What shall we do now?" precipice and the response was "Whatever you want *gazes into the future* we have all the time in the world" which is nice but I'm obsessed with resolved endings.

I think I would have screamed if JK Rowling hadn't put that epilogue in! It wasn't such an issue in Stephenie Meyer's Breaking Dawn because they'd talked repeatedly about a future so even they had the same precipice (almost exactly those words actually) you did vaguely know what was going to happen. Not like with HP when you weren't even sure he was going to live!

You all know how my book is going to end now. With a nice happily ever after resolved ending. I mean I'm sure there'll be twists and turns and "who will survive?" questions etc. But at least one of the characters has to survive... or they all have to die I guess, that'd be a pretty resolved ending!

Rant time briefly: oh my god! New msn is so... ugh!! It's just... weird! *And* I had to reinstall msg plus! Which was easy but frustrating *sigh*

Loving: Fall Out Boy - Folie a Deux. Amazing album. I've been listening to it since Saturday!

Night night xx

No comments:

Post a Comment