Friday, December 5, 2008

Pre-emptive, as it were

This is a pre-writing post because it's late so I'm going to curl up on sofa and just listen to music then when I turn my computer off I don't have anything else to do.

It turns out that the podcast that we did yesterday managed to only record my part in the conversation ¬_¬ If you ever want to record Skype calls I would suggest PowerGramo if you download the standard version it's free and sure has everything I need it to for podcasts. I've just tested it an luckily it *does* manage to record everyone in the call! Very easy to use, you can write in-call memos to yourself, export them as MP3 files (and others) and with MP3 you can set the 'Artist', 'Album' and 'Genre' which for a podcast is kind of a lark but not particularly necessary otherwise!

Turns out the screencast we did yesterday wasn't quite good enough. It was one of those "It's really great, I like what you did there and the voices and length are great... but-" Ugh, such is life I guess. So we spent today re-editing that version to get it into press-release shape and now we get to make a shiny new one next week - to cover the same topic. A shiny, polished, proper data, finished version. Still, we've had four days of wrestling with the bloody software with any luck the next one will take merely two days!

Ahhh I'm listening to one of my favourite songs by a musician named Colin Reid - Crimes Against Music Pt. It's simply excellent. Crap - I just spent about twenty minutes creating his wikipedia page. And I still don't know precisely which instruments are on the track. Just piano, guitar and drums. I only know the album Tilt but it's excellent, all acoustic guitar plus other tracks but somewhat eclective. Not coherent perhaps but it flows well I feel. I'll never forget seeing him at the Cambridge Folk Festival, apparently it was seven years ago! Doesn't time fly?

Right, I'm all sleepy and distracted now so I'm gonna go do my writing though I feel perhaps I won't churn out lots tonight - it being ten to twelve and all.

20 sleeps till Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment