Sunday, December 14, 2008

Nada mucho ha pasando

Sorry, it felt like a spanish title day. For those of you who don't read/understand spanish - nothing much has happened. I stayed in bed late of course, finished the lining for my grandmother's stocking, found it was too big and my mother called.

Mothers, wonderful, fabulous, stressful. "You will email Will won't you?" "Yes mum." "Because I need to know soon" "I will do it" "It's important that you do" Bless her. I love her, I really do but it's like - yes, you asked me to do it, either I will forget or I won't but asking me to do it more than once isn't going to guarantee that I won't. But in this situation, seeing as it was about my boyfriend and, more importantly, about *seeing* my boyfriend, it's unlikely that I would forget... Never mind, we love them eh?

I'm rather annoyed about the lining thing though. This is what happens when they tell you to use the same pattern for the lining as for the stocking! *sigh* But I'm too inexperienced to think that I could cut out a smaller piece of fabric that was exactly the right shape so I copied what I was supposed to do and - lo and behold! - it was too big. I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to fix it. It's a shame though because the stitching is really quite neat - for me anyways! Which might be one of the reasons it doesn't fit... Because it's actually the proper shape! But it's not the entire reason so never mind.

Anyway, as my friend Pokey would say "tootles" Night night.

11 sleeps till Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment