Saturday, November 1, 2008

And on the fifth day

Ok ok so it's just gone midnight and it's technically the sixth day but I haven't been to sleep yet (except at work perhaps!) so it doesn't count ;) The reason this is so late is because I was posting on my respectable blog. I wrote an article on how baking is like programming then found an article about how magic (the wizarding kind not the pagan kind) is also like programming so I thought I'd extend my article to include comparisons between cookery and magic. Let me know what you think:

http://computersciencemusings.blogspot.com/


Anyway because I'm sleepy it took longer than expected and so I'm now technically on the sixth day but shwsh :P My mum and her partner came today and they're here till Sunday - yay! I miss my family so much. Though I'm only six hours away (only!) that's the same amount of time it takes to get from uni to home but the difference is that I have to plan in advance to go home from here, I can't just jump on a train partly 'cos they only accept credit cards on the trains - gits. So it feels even more isolated here than it did in Aber, plus the fact I had more friends there! Anyways no more whining.

Again no work has been done on the book but I've been working and then went straight to the hotel to meet my mum hopefully I will have done some more by the seventh day even though, were I God, I'd be a'resting up. Sadly that is not the case, if I can't think up some proper narrative I think I'm going to try out some world building type tutorials, I have countries and seas and planets and moons to name yet, and gods! Well gods first because I'm unimaginative and I'm going to name the other planets after the gods like we have. But it still means I have to make up god names and think about religiong and all that jazz, it's not really slacking off at all to be fair.

So at work I had a code review today and it was grueling. Partly because though I understood it all at the time when I came to actually coding it red lines appeared everywhere - just like misspellings in word and I couldn't for the life of me work out why. That stressed me out not a little and I got all down again which wasn't helpful. Still my mummy is here now and I intend to have a happy weekend at least :)

I really can't think of much else to say so I hope you all had a happy hallowe'en and I'll check in tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment