Friday, November 14, 2008

Nerves...

So today I had to do a presentation about my project at work. It was terrifying. It wasn't helped by the fact that though I had prepared slides I'd tried to write myself notes and hadn't had any time to practice them :S Then my supervisor was being kind of a wanker and didn't show me how to set up anything - I'd never done it before. And OK so technically that wasn't wankerish it was just the way he was doing it. I got it mostly set up but it was weirdly zoomed in so when he came down he told everyone that they were an hour early (it was supposed to be at 5 not 4) and that I need to do something to the secondary display (wtf!?) and then he left again! And the thing is I had sent round an email on, oh, Tuesday maybe saying that it was at four because although one person had told me I should do it at five, like other presentations, all the ones I'd been to had been at four. And it's like - you could have told me then that I was wrong! Humph. So he's not off the hook about that but I did find out that he'd had a "difference of opinion" with one of our colleagues and I think he had been upset all day. Unfortunately this guy lives outside Nice so it's one of those situations where even if you wouldn't shout at each other you still can't vent your anger as much as if they were there. So he was more than a little stressed. And once the presentation started he was smiling and happy so it's all good really. It went well, so I'm told, I thought I spoke too fast and it was over quicker even than I had imagined. But there were good questions at the end, some leading to thoughts on the software product as a whole and not just my little bit so that was cool.

I made the chocolate meringue cake again 'cos it is *divine* and I might be making flapjacks soon, next week possibly. Though the idea makes me nervous, they can go wrong so easily I guess. My mum always made sticky yet really crunchy ones and the first one was yummy and after that it was a bit like hard work. She's stopped baking at all really now, it's so sad. My parents may be divorced but my dad still maintains she makes the best cherry cake :D Well, made, I guess that would have to be! Maybe if we have a christmas party I'll ask her to bake something, maybe I'll bake something too! Yay for cakes :D

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm not much else to say, I just watched Dirty Dancing 2: Havana Nights. I love that movie, I love the cuban/latin music. And Diego Luna?? Yum! If you watch it for the first time, or after a while, the first time you see him it's like "So? He's not that special" and then, for me at least, I think the first time you seem him dancing, or maybe later, it's just a droolfest. I wish I could dance like that, and with him. Though I'd settle for my boyfriend of course ;)

I just remembered, I sent an email round work this week asking for some days off over christmas and no-one's said "No! You must say here!" so hopefully I'll get two weeks off. I can't wait to go home! I love Christmas so much lol. And, if I get my act together, I'll have made new stockings for me and my brother, woop woop. I shall go buy some fabric tomorrow! Yippee! Hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment