Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Back to blog

Woop! I'm back. And my excuses are: on Sunday I managed to forget *shock* I was planning on going to bed and I thought "ah! Must blog" and then I picked up some stuff to put it away and turned off my computer and as it was shutting down realised I hadn't posted yet - my first real failure thus far. Yesterday the internet was down again.

Um what's happened? Sunday was not very interesting, I wanted to go to the fabric shop to get some fabric to make the stockings with but it wasn't open - 'cos it was sunday. *sigh* Yesterday we got the new intern, he seems quite nice, quiet and possibly more of a slacker than I was! He's on the phone fairly often, at least when I was slacking I tried to make it non-obvious what I was doing! He's going to be working with me on my project. I'm not sure how I feel about that. As I said he's nice and I'm sure it'll be good to finally have someone to work with but... it's my baby, I wrote it all by myself, mostly from scratch, I had some people who helped me but they only made it better, they didn't really write whole parts of it and now this guy's coming in and is going to write whole sections by himself. *sigh* But then I'm sure that's just me being selfish again.

Today was more of the same really, did some testing, put up with the traitor being back in the office. I hate the way he talks to me so familiarly, we did used to be good friends but it's like he just doesn't realise that he might have hurt me in the slightest, I've never met anyone like that before and I know I'm not supposed to hold grudges but I just want to make him see that I'm mad at him, I haven't had a real chance to vent yet, except here. But then maybe I'm malicious lol.

I have read Emma and finished Mansfield Park by Ms. Austen. I'm... still not sure how I feel about them, they're great stories, I think I'm in the wrong place for them, they were a bit slow though. I feel so sorry for Mr. Crawford in Mansfield Park in a way. Obviously he should never end up with Fanny but I did feel bad for how it all turned out for him. And Emma! Oh my goodness, Emma! What a wench she is in the beginning, of course she starts to repent and that's when she realises that she's in love with Mr. Knightley but still, making Harriet turn down Mr. Martin having never met him and asusming him to be a coarse peasant was just so - ugh! Which I'm sure is the point but still! I get far too involved sometimes methinks... Anyway, I've decided to let up on the Austen for now and instead I'm reading the Twilight Saga again. Oh dear, they're just so delicious to read, all that first romance stuff with Edward makes you feel like you're in your own first relationship the whole "is he looking, is he looking, don't stare oh my gosh I can't believe he's looking at me" nonsense is actually quite yummy and I can't help but be in love with Edward Cullen, it's just not possible! I'm missing my Tamora Pierce books though, fiercely. You can't get them anywhere cheaply - it's shocking! Even Amazon don't have that good a stock and I can't navigate round the Borders web site for the life of me.

Ah well. Soon be home time, I was looking up the ferries today - £73 it's going to cost me, for the *whole* journey (return) including a cabin for the night on the return and breakfast - isn't it amazing!? I was going to have to fork out nearly £200 to fly, if not more, I can't believe it! It's not great for short visits but for the two weeks it's perfect!

Also - www.xkcd.com = love. Read any of them, read all of them! Damn it took three goes to get this right, it kept adding extra linky bits in - weird.

Right it's gone eleven and I have some serious Edward time to... I mean sleeping, yes, sleeping that's what I'm going to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment