Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What?? No title?

Um, yes, no appropriate title because I appear to have gotten drunk on orange juice and I'm not sure how...

Anyways: news, I didn't update on saturday/sunday/monday because the internet was down. I still haven't done much writing so it's not like I had much to talk about. Now the internet is back but the gas stove appears to be not working - cake for dinner it is. That's right, there's still cake left from Friday, well no, I just ate the last piece but w/e.

Umm in other stuff I went to a fabric shop in Rotterdam on Saturday and have finally found heaven in brocade form. I used to work in the haberdashery section of a department store and before that in a costume shop that sold fabric so even the thought of a fabric shop tempted me. And this one was a beast! It was five times the size of those two combined and on three floors! *drools* It was so pretty. I got the pattern I wanted - I want to make Christmas stockings for my brother and I because we don't have proper ones at my dad's for various reasons. So if I get my act together and makes these we'll have amazing ones :D

I also went to see Quantum of Solace on Saturday. It may have knocked Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire off the top spot for records on opening day in the UK but I bet the kids didn't feel as disappointed as I did after. It didn't seem very coherent, rather like me in these blogs, there was no resolution of any of the storylines from the previous movie just the beginning of new ones. Because it seems that unlike the original series which were a collection of stories about a character these are a series that actually links together. So my advice, watch it sure, but rent it three days before the next one comes out. You should watch it for sure but don't pay money to go see it at the cinema unless it's just as cheap I guess. Overall, I'm sad :( But I finished watching LotR this Sunday which is always fun :) I'm glad I did, it always feels like it's going to be so hard to really watch them but then I'm always glad when I do, hurrah!

Nothing much has been happening at work, I've been doing testing, drawing diagrams, re-writing my article and rejoicing in the fact that the callous traitorous git that works in my office a) isn't here this week and b) got told off last week for being too harsh in general and especially to me. Apparently he and my other supervisor gave *very* different accounts of what passed on Thursday - hmmmm.

Uhhhh I think that's all my news, no real story update *sigh* I need to be kicked in the bum about this! Night...

No comments:

Post a Comment