Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pictures!

Whoa I just got worried because I knew I had posted yesterday but Blogger was telling me I last posted on the 18th and I'm looking at my computer clock and it's telling me it's the 20th... And then I realised it's past midnight - doh!

I finally did some work on my story - I've written a proper story board. Normally I start writing one and go too in depth into one section, but now I really have a proper outline (plus all those in depth bits) so that's good.

As to the title, my friend invited me to join this facebook group. I don't know if anyone reading this has facebook but hey if you do, join and upload your pictures from around the world. I think it's a really neat idea and I shall be spamming my friends into joining. Actually that's not true, I hate group invite spam, I specifically pick people who I think might actually respond! Or get a kick out of it or w/e. Anyway so I got to look at lots of old photos which is always great - I should take more! And I should also get them put on CD, I am retro and have a film camera which means if I want pictures on my laptop I have to pay much more *sigh* or buy tons of batteries for my digital camera which eats them.

In fact I'm even more retro, I still have and use a sony CD walkman INSTEAD of an MP3 player. Although it might be time to retire the walkman (I've had it ten or so years) because I like to listen to music on the way to and from work and the CD keeps skipping *sigh*

What else happened today? I'm still desperately trying to fill up my day while not knowing actually what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. Actually that's not true, I'm supposed to be working on expanding my project but I don't have any test data so I can't really do that, the intern I'm supposed to be grooming still has 'flu, but believes he'll be back tomorrow - which will fill up my day, explaining all my code etc. But thereafter I'm at a loss. I'm going to have to 'fess up soon I can tell.

Oh! I booked my journey home for Christmas - I'm going hoooome *does happy dance* and I'm going for two weeks which cuts the duration of my stay in Holland down from 7 1/2 months to just 7 - whoopdefrickindoo.

My dad does this Christmas newsletter thing every year and for the last couple of years - ever since he wrote in my section "Kate didn't do well in her exams but hopefully she'll still get into uni" (git) - I've been writing my own section and having to provide a photo which, seeing as I was at work, meant trawling through facebook photos... Never a good thing, facebook photos are ones that other people put up of you, when do they take them? on trips out. When you're at uni and you're going out where are you going? to the pub. So what are you like in these photos? drunk... Luckily I don't do many *embarassing* things when I'm drunk but it's just not the face you want to show dozens of foreign cousins if you know what I mean? But I did find a couple of very good ones (among a huge amount of average to bad ones) and now I get extra chocolate for having finished my section and providing a photo first - yippee! Anyway that was the second bit of photo stuff.

I love photography, I'm hopefully getting camera kit for Christmas - a flash gun and a lush camera bag. I'm so chuffed. And when I go back to Aber I can start up the black and white photography courses again - yay! It's not photography so much as developing films and photos - which is the best bit in some ways. Every time I develop a picture it makes me happy! Lol, so easily amused. Tell me about you favourite photo/photo taking experience/place to take photos of :) I'd love to know.

Night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment