Thursday, October 30, 2008

Four

I know I said I'd stop numbering them but I really don't have a title today so meh. I haven't really done any proper writing in the last couple of days I've been putting off tidying my room by watching movies which also excludes the possibility of writing and laundry - doh! I do need to tidy my room though, my mother is coming to visit tomorrow and I need to look vaguely respectable it's one thing to have a messy room in the house you live in at home it's quite another for them to spend eight hours or so coming to see you and you *still* have a messy room although it's looking like a possibility.

So I set up another blog today - my respectable blog as it were. Where I don't talk about my writing and stuff because people I know might actually read it and then ask me questions about it. For some reason I have issues with people I know knowing stuff. My book is a project that my best friend and my boyfriend know about, and a few people I know on a forum but seeing as they want to fill it with were-llamas - a favourite topic of ours, their input doesn't really count. So other people that I know knowing about the book would lead to them having expectations of me and asking questions that I'm not ready for and it'd be all ugh and stuff. As such this is my technically secret from people I know blog and that is the blog where I can talk about the good things about work and general reviews of stuff and bitching about Open Office as I have already done today :D Anything interesting will come here too :)

So where is my issue with random people knowing about my book? I don't know, I'm a generally paranoid person, I feel like people judge me and it does matter to me and yet the expectations that anyone reading this might put on me are somehow less binding - maybe 'cos no-one is reading this as yet ;) As I read through this I notice a fair few spelling mistakes - it's atrocious, I used to be excellent at spelling maybe typing has sucked it out of me - spell check is a godsend and a... hellsend? I don't know but it's a pain especially if you don't know how to turn it off, like me, in Open Office or it's in American or it doesn't recognise the word "learnt" um excuse me Linux, "learnt" is a word you stupid opensource piece of... Lol but I've already bitched once. That'll do.

So at work today I actually ran out of things to do, it's unprecedented, normally I run out of things I want to do but today I'd done practically everything. At five minutes to the end of the day I realised I could better a presentation that I was working on but that took ten minutes and then I was done too! *sigh* tomorrow is going to be worse though - I have a grilling code review which means lots of people telling me I suck - not fun and then I have to make a cake and I have no idea what I'm going to make just yet. Which reminds me - I did say I'd write up some recipes. Instead of writing them up maybe I'll post all the links to them, that sounds much more fun - I'll write recommendations under them to show I'm not completely slacking off, honest. I've made a couple of excellent cheesecakes recently but they're definitely better made the day before. I've also noticed that I start too many sentences with "so" this is worrying. Luckily I'm the kind of person who is totally difficult about those kinds of things when reading and hopefully such issues won't turn up in my book. I've even highlighted words in my my chapters that have been used in another chapter recently in a different colour so I know to change them. Yes, I *am* that anal. So (see???) on the subject of the book I've got a few chapters done and a couple typed up - yay for me! I was just reading this blog: http://skimdecafmochawithwhip.blogspot.com/ And she really doesn't give anything away about her book: "there's a guy and a girl and um... no that's all I'm telling you." She's very good at it, as for me I'll probably talk more about it just because I can't help it and seeing as I don't talk to anyone else about it - because of the aforementioned reasons - I have to spill it out here, so uh, no pilfering mmkay? Not that you would but I thought if I sounded mean you might believe me, but I didn't sound mean so whatever. In fact I think I overuse the word "so" generally. This is something that needs to be worked on... Maybe it's only a thing I do when I'm talking and when I'm writing writing (as opposed to talking writing) it won't occur so often *fingers crossed* I've blabbered on about nothing in particularly so before you decide to scratch off your own face because it's more interesting (I actually knew someone who made me want to do that) I'll shut up. Tata!

No comments:

Post a Comment