Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The second day

So hurrah, I remembered - often the key problem with me - to write my blog post. Nada mucho happened today, I got nagged by my boss, did some good work, registered with a doctor - nothing interesting really. So I shall talk about other things. I am a big reader, I may not be a diverse reader but I do love reading and recently (five months ago) I joined the legion of people obsessed with the Twilight Saga which I thought was awesome. There are bits that could have been done better but hey she's a first time writer, plot lines that I didn't like but that's just my preference but anyway I thoroughly enjoyed them. I read the first three books over two weekends and then had to spend an agonising month waiting for the fourth and final installment. In order to prevent the onset of craziness I somehow or other stumbled across some fanfiction, it's the only fanfiction I've ever read so I don't really know how good it is by comparison, all I know is it kept me sane. She has done the first three books through the eyes of Alice, one "what if?" an alternate final book. All of these are fab, she also did a journal style 1st chapter by the main character but by comparison to the others it wasn't great. I'm posting a link to this in case anyone else is interested, I thought they were fab: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1544699/Nostalgicmiss The alternate final book is still being written so every morning I desperately check if the new chapter has been uploaded and every morning I remember that I'm nine hours ahead so she probably won't have posted at one am *sigh* anyway she said only a couple of chapters to go - yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment